Friday, August 12, 2016

CUCUMBER CHILL

After making my dill cucumber relish I had some leftover cucumber juice to use.  I decided a mixed drink was in order.  A super refreshing drink!

I am not sure what you would call it.  It isn't quite a mojito because we used vodka.  I am not exactly an expert on mixed drinks.  If there are any bartenders out there that know if this drink is called anything, let me know.  For now, I am going to name it a "Cucumber Chill".

No matter what it is called, it went down smooth.
Hamlin Beach State Park, newly renovated beach house to the right, new landscaping and walk.  Looks great.

CUCUMBER CHILL

2 cup cucumber juice
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup mint simple syrup*
1/2 cup lime juice
fresh mint leaves
lots of ice

Shake it all together. Pour and enjoy.

*Lots of mint, like 2 cups, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water.  Bring to a boil.  Boil for two minutes. Turn off heat, cover and let steep.  Chill in refrigerator and you are ready for any mojito or "cucumber chill" urge that comes your way.

No comments: