Wednesday, August 3, 2016

DULCE DE LECHE ICE CREAM



Why do I always feel like a crazy woman in the summer?  I know I am not alone... Taking the kids here and there, canning vegetables, freezing vegetables, making jam, going places.  I am not complaining but it is precisely around this time that I start looking forward to taking a breath in September when the kids go back to school.  I will say, though, it takes like a good month to just be able to sit down and relax.  I kind of twitch because I am used to so much running around.

Do you like Werther's Hard Candy?  This is what this ice cream taste like to me.  Scumptious!


Dulce de Leche Ice Cream

2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon vodka
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 can Dulce de Leche

In a saucepan heat the milk and cream just until it almost boils.  Remove from heat.  Stir in dulce de leche with a whisk until it has all been melted.  Add vanilla and vodka.  If you make your own vanilla extract with vodka, omit the vodka part.


No comments: