Friday, December 20, 2013

Chocolate Crinkles





A miracle happened to me yesterday.  Okay, that is a slight dramatization.  I went to the store to get six Christmas gifts for people.  I had a list in my hand and everything was at the one store- things I had never seen there before.  All the sizes were available even though the departments were looking a bit sparse.  I then walked up to the register- no line. Drove home- all within an hour.  I was amazed.  Did not expect that at all.  Done! I can stay home now if I want to.

Well, except for the post office... There is always just one more thing to do.  Ha.  Thank goodness.  I totally appreciate that there are things to do.

Time to bake some more cookies. 

This is one of my all time favorite cookies.  Oatmeal Cookies.  Soft Molasses Cookies.  Shortbread or cut outs. And these crinkle cookies!

What I drew on my Chalk door.

CHOCOLATE CRINKLES
Love these.  If you want to make them mint add a teaspoon of mint extract.
Printable can be found here

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil (your choice- but not Olive Oil)
3 - 1 ounce squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
1/4 cup milk
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
powdered sugar for rolling

Combine first four ingredients.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Beat until incorporated. Stir in milk. In a separate bowl combine flour and baking powder.  Stir that into the batter.  Chill at least one hour.  Using a tablespoon shape into balls.  Roll in powdered sugar.  Place on greased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375F.  While warm, dip in powdered sugar again.  Yield 4 dozen.

No comments: