Monday, December 16, 2013

Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies




These taste almost exactly like a Thin Mint Girl Scout cookie.  And that is very dangerous to Lori.  Because as the Weight Watchers meeting instructor said in a meeting long ago, "Isn't the sleeve of Thin Mints one serving?"  Ha.  While I am not a binge eater, at least not for many years, I can overdo totally with these cookies.  So, this is one of those make and give away, right away cookies.

Does that give you an idea of how delicious they are?

So, are you buried in last minute Christmas preparations.  I am a little.  I just finished one project for my brother and sister in law.  I am working on a project for my daughter.  Oh, I can't wait to see it.  It has been fun making it. Of course most things on the sewing machine are fun for me lately.  It used to be fun in the kitchen but that all shifted a couple years ago. I still like baking and cooking but not nearly as much as I like sewing. People can't eat your creations in five minutes when you sew.

Yes, some of my friends call me a domestic diva.  You know what?  I totally love it. Grateful for every minute of my home and time in my home.

Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups flour
2 arge eggs
1/2 teaspoo salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Combine butter, brown sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat until melted, add chocolate chips and stir until partially melted.  Pour into mixing bowl.  Let cool 10 minutes.  Beat in eggs one at a time on high speed.  Add flour, salt and baking soda on low speed until well blended.  Refrigerate for one hour.

Roll dough into balls and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.  Then put 1/2 of an Andes Mint on top and let melt.  Cool on rack.

No comments: