Thursday, August 11, 2011

Acai Berry Fruit Drink with Veev

A little while ago I was contacted by a PR firm in regards to this new fruit alcohol made from acai. I have always pronounced it with a hard c sound. Wrong. Correct pronunciation is "ah-sigh-ee".  The liquor is called Veev.  You may have heard of the health benefits associated with acai... increased energy, weight loss, improved sexual function, healthier skin, stronger heart...  (see this site for acai health benefits).  So while you are drinking that lovely little drink you can  lie to tell yourself it is all for the benefit of my health.  Yeah, tha'ts it... Yeah.  But seriously, it is delicious.  Great flavor.  One drink, once in a while is beneficial, especially if you are pretty strung out.  R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N.  Of course you could receive the same benefits and more by meditating.... Okay, you can see here clearly how I argue with myself. 

I tasted it by the teaspoon full.  It has great flavor- very berry- ish.  I thought I would pair it with blueberries.  I thought about adding vodka in there as well but I thought the drink had some nice flavors going on and I wanted to leave it as such.  I may try adding a bit of vodka the next time just to try it.

I hope to put together another drink for you all... stay tuned.

Acai Berry Fruit Drink

2 cups blueberries
1.4 cup rasperry jam

2 ounces Veev- acai berry liquor

1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon zest
a handfull of ice cubes.  If you are using frozen blueberries, skip the ice.

In a blender, whir the ingredients together until most of the ice cubes dissolve and the berries are mashed. Serve in chilled glasses with a straw.
Disclaimer:  I was contacted by The Baddish Group and asked if I would like to sample Veev.  I was offered the above bottles to use in a recipe.  I received no monetary compensation.

2 comments:

Katy ~ said...

Smiles...I would have added vodka :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I think I'd add the vodka as well. This sounds good and unless the Acai drink is very sweet it should be a nice sipper. I hope all is well. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary