Monday, August 22, 2011

Marinated Zucchini

 
This is hardly a recipe but so worth mentioning because it is very simple and delicious.  And requires no cooking- well at least with heat. 

With a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini in strips.  Place in a bowl.  Once you have shaved off enough slender pieces of zucchini, drizzle with lemon juice and kosher salt.  If you want to be really fancy add some oilve oil, garlic and tomatoes.  But honestly when I just drizzled the lemon juice and salt on it- I could not stop eating it.  Delicious!

2 comments:

Murasaki Shikibu said...

Great idea. I love simple dishes. :)

Mary said...

Hey! This is so cool. I made shaved zucchini for the very first time last night and we loved it.

I enjoyed your dairy farm photos too. We pick up fresh unpasteurized milk every week. My boys love to walk around and pet the cows when given the chance. I love that they know the cow, the actual cow by name, that gives us our milk each week.