Friday, May 24, 2013

Kitchen Face Lift




This explains what I have been doing because there has not been that many posts as of yet.

My kitchen is getting a face lift.  A paint job is a quick way to make everything seem shiny and new.
What a contrast between the ceiling of before and the ceiling to come.

The ceiling badly needed to be painted.  I suspect it may have never been done.  It has been on my to do list for quite a while.  With small children when we moved into the house, it proved to be to big of a job to do for me.
An attempt to cover doorways.
When my husband announced that he wanted to go see his cousin, I thought this is the perfect time to do it.  A whole weekend to get it done.  Prepping the kitchen and hallway took literally about six to eight hours.  Finding enough drop cloths to cover all the doorways, cabinets, floors etc was a job in and of itself.  Taping it all up to the cabinets was quite a job too.

One day for the ceiling.

One day for the painting.

So three days of the kitchen being taped up.  Pretty challenging when there is a family to make meals for.  So, even though I missed a visit with Al's wonderful cousin and the rest of the fam, it was worth it. 


No comments: