Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Almond Joy Cookies


Almond Joy Cookies.  This cookie had me at the name.  I found it on Pinterest. Totally drool worthy.  I checked out a few recipes and I tweaked it a little and then found when I baked them that I had to tweak it a little more.

Almond Joy Cookies

4 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
3 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
2 cups mini chocolate chips
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
2 cups slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl and set aside.  Cream butter and add in sugar, beat for five minutes.  Add in vanilla then eggs one at a time.  Finally, stir in dry ingredients.  Lastly fold in the coconut, almonds, and chocolate chips.

Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes.





No comments: