Thursday, January 26, 2017

Magic Chocolate Cake


I made this cake for my Mom's birthday.  We really loved this cake! Of course, it magically disappeared.

After 13 years this month of being a stay at home mom, I am returning to work.  What?  Yes, its true. Things change.  It's been a difficult shift for me but I am looking forward to getting back in the groove.  More things to learn.  Always a good thing.  One of the cool things that will happen is that my girls will see their Mamma in a new role.  The working Mom.  A breadwinner.  Instead of making the bread I will be earning the money to buy the bread.  Ha! But I will still be making bread. It will just be relegated to Sundays.  Hopefully I will get my girls making bread too.

In the coming weeks, besides Healthy 2017, I will be doing quick and easy meals, hopefully healthy too.  I hope to set it up as a linky so you can all share your recipes too!

BLACK MAGIC CAKE
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup strong black coffee
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Beat sugar and oil for 4 minutes.

Add in vanilla extract and then eggs one at a time.

In a bowl combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.  Cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt.

In a large measuring cup combine buttermilk and coffee.

Add dry ingredients and wet ingredients alternately two times, ending with the dry ingredients.

Pour into two 9" greased and lined baking rounds or all of it in a 9 x 13.

Bake 30 to 40 minutes.

No comments: