Monday, February 22, 2016

Meyer Lemon Curd Fool with Blueberries



There were a few Meyer lemons left so I had to make some curd as we have all been kind of "curd crazy" lately.  Its been so good, enjoying it on toast and shh... a spoonful here and there for a quick sweet treat after a meal.

We had some leftover ricotta from some manicotti I made.  I decided to put it to good use. Just so you know I literally have to hide it somewhere in back of the refrigerator because its one of my husbands favorite things to eat! He will eat it by heaping tablespoons.  No kidding.

Wanted to share a silly video my daughter told me about that cracked me up.



Meyer Lemon Curd Fool with Blueberries

1/4 cup ricotta
2 tablespoons Meyer Lemon Curd
a few blueberries

Combine ricotta with one tablespoons Meyer lemon curd.  Spoon into a glass. Swirl one tablespoon of lemon curd on top.  Then sprinkle some blueberries on top.

Meyer Lemon Curd

4 yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Meyer Lemon Juice
1 cup butter (8 ounces), cut into pats

In a double boiler combine sugar and juice, whisk together.  Then add the yolks.  Heat the mixture and keep stirring using a wooden spoon.  Heat until it thickens.  You can see it begin to happen.  It will coat the back of your spoon and if you run your finger across the back of the spoon it will leave a trail. Once it has reached this point, remove from the heat.

Add in the butter, whisking the mixture until it melts.  It will thicken quite a bit. Refrigerate.


No comments: