Thursday, August 15, 2013

Flavored Oils and Vinegars

In Rochester (NY) there is a gold mine of a place called F. Olivers.  They sell oil and vinegar.  Yup, that's it.  Let me tell you, I think they have got the market cornered with their oil and vinegar.  They have flavored white balsamic and regular balsamic, aged balsamic along with flavored oils.  The flavors are amazing.  They are not paying me to say all this, I am saying it to tell if you live in the area or are visiting the area, this is a worthy place to stop.

I bought two white balsamic vinegars- Coconut and Grapefruit.  And two flavored oils- Persian Lime and Roasted Walnut.  The aged balsamic is wonderful but I do have to say that my balsamic reduction works well for my taste buds.

I actually like the grapefruit so much straight up that I keep taking sips of it just to enjoy that amazing flavor.

If you dont live in Rochester or Canandaigua (their other loaction), then you could try some of these recipes.  I totally am trying the raspberry one.

Raspberry Vinegar from the Kitchn
you can make other vinegars using the same idea

Herb Vinegars from Whats Cooking America
along with lots of tips on what tools to use and what not to use

Make your Own Flavored Oil from Food Network
a good article and suggestions on how to use it.


No comments: