Friday, May 16, 2014

Jamaican Coat of Arms


These flavors dance together so nicely. Jamaican Coat of Arms is super quick, delicious and nutritious. Yes, I know you see chick peas in mine.  I had some frozen beans, a mix of kidney beans and chick peas so that is what I used this time.  I have made this before without the chick peas as well.

Last time I made it I used some hot peppers.  The dish is on the sweet side because of the coconut milk. I like hot- sweet- salty.

Jamaican Coat of Arms

a can of kidney beans
a can of coconut milk
4 green onions, sliced
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon pepper
some add allspice- totally up to you 1/4 teaspoon would do yah

In a sauce pan combine all the ingredients except green onion and heat over a medium high flame.  Torn down so that it simmers for about 20 minutes..  Serve over rice.  Garnish with green onion.

No comments: