Saturday, November 8, 2008

Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quesadillas

Just a quick post for a quick meal! I wanted to share with you this no brainer meal. I fell in love with this combination a couple years ago. Usually its sweet potatoes and black beans but I substituted butternut squash. It was delicious. The above picture is right before I put the top on. It's almost not a recipe because I am sure you all do this kind of thing all the time. What I really wanted to share is the combination of flavors.

I promise tomorrow I will have something sweet for you.

Black Bean and Butternut Squash Quesadillas
Lori's Lipsmacking Goodness Original

1 med onion chopped
minced chilies, to your liking
2 cups butternut squash, cubed and roasted
1 cup cooked black beans
1 clove garlic minced
2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded

Saute onions in olive oil till golden. Add garlic and remainder of ingredients, except cheese. Spoon over tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over the filling. Place a tortilla on top. Press. Bake at 375 F.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice combo, Lori! Especially for fall :)

grace said...

excellent use for butternut squash! quesadillas are impossible for me to resist, especially when black beans are involved. lovely, lori!

kat said...

oh this is great! I have a giant butternut squash at home to use & Matt loves Mexican food so this will go on next week's menu.

kat said...

We made this & it was so good. I posted about it today as well. Thanks for the recipe

Lynn said...

Mmmm, I'll bet I could do this with my pumpkins :) Thanks for the creative idea. Where DO you come up with them all?