Saturday, March 16, 2013

Emerald Macarons with Lime Buttercream

In case you haven't heard- emerald is the color of Spring 2013.  Lots of emerald.  Who exactly decides this I dont know.  While it is not my favorite color, it did inspire these macarons- not to mention St.  Paddys day.

I loved this butter cream.  I love lime so that is no surprise there.  The jello really gave this a big punch of flavor.  In the future I would not be opposed to adding it to my butter cream.  I am thinking strawberry for Spring...  If Spring ever arrives!

Happy St. Paddy's Day. Happy every day.
Lime Buttercream

zest of a lime
2 tablespoons of powdered lime jello
juice of one lime
1 to 2 pounds of confectioners sugar
1/2 cup or 4 ounces of unsalted butter
2 tablespoons+ milk

Cream butter and add in confectioners sugar a cup at a time until you get the desired consistency.  Sprinkle in lime jello and zest of lime as well as lime juice.  Beat again.  Add milk for desired consistency as well.  You want it so that you can pipe it without oozing out all over. 

2 comments:

grace said...

what a lovely hue! great choice for a filling, too. :)

Colette (Coco) said...


Making macarons is very difficult and these are perfect!