Monday, July 1, 2013

South Western Salad with Pineapple Dressing



Most of the time when I want some recipe or have ingredients to use I do a search.  I either find what I am looking for or I end up combining a bunch of ideas.  This time I could not find anything for the ingredients that I wanted to use.  So, I created my own.  Again, salad dressing is not difficult.  And with a little bit of effort you get a big return.  You could do what I did here with other jams as well- say apricot for instance.  

Southwestern Chop Chop Salad

dressing:
1 half pint pineapple jam, could substitute apricot jam
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup oil

salad:
1 can corn or 2 cups frozen corn
1 tomato chopped
4 scallions, sliced
1 can or 2 cups black beans
5 radishes sliced small
4 cups mesculin mix or romaine

Combine all the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.

In a blender or a processor add garlic and chop fine before adding other ingredients.  Add jam and blend until it is smooth.  Add white wine vinegar, lemon juice, cumin, and salt. Then while the blender/processor is running add oil and let it whip until it looks totally blended and creamy.

Toss salad with dressing.


No comments: