Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Almond Granola Bars

These granolas are chewy and tasty.  I really like the texture of these. They are not very sweet.  If you wish them to be sweeter add sugar or honey.  I don't mind them less sweet, really.  My one daughter loves them for breakfast.  My other daughter does not like them as much because they are not sweet enough.
Package them all up and ship them off in your kids lunches. Or grab one to go on the way to work.  They are something substantial for you to eat and are good for you.


 

I like to wrap them in wax paper. You can use stickers to seal the paper.

Almond Granola Bars

Print Friendly and PDF
2 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup shredded coconut, sweetened
1/2 cup almond meal
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (optional
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350F.

Mix dry ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips.  Mix in the milk and butter.  It will be hard to mix, very dry but keep going, it will come together.  If you need to add a couple tablespoons of milk that will help. About mid way through the mixing process add in the chocolate chips.

Spread out in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes.  Edges should be golden.

3 comments:

suzybel56 said...

Lori, is almond meal the same as ground almonds? I have a bag of whole almonds in the freezer.

Lori said...

Hi Suzy. Yup. you can grind up your almonds and use that. Same thing. I took the easy way out. Actually I found the ground meal for a song. It was about to expire. I bought three abgs and packed them in the freezer. Hence, you will probably be seeing lots of recipes with almond meal ;)

Colette (Coco) said...

Funny you should post this recipe, Lori. I was just thinking yday morning what it would be like to make granola bars.
These look yummy. Can't wait to try them!

(Don't forget to enter in my giveaway - got 3 prizes! Ends Friday)