Monday, April 28, 2014

Granola Bites




Some beautiful; Spring weather around here yesterday and today.  We were able to enjoy a lot of time outside yesterday. We went looking for tad poles. When I was a kid I would ride my bike down to this little creek about 3/4 of a mile away from my house and gather up some tad poles.  I would bring them home and watch them grow into little frogs, then I would take them back to the creek or release them.

I wanted my daughters to enjoy that so my husband and I decided to take them. I think we were too early, maybe- no tadpoles yet... I will keep you posted.

I tasted these at a Potluck sort of thing.  Asked the lady for the recipe because I had to have it.  Love these.  

Granola Bites

3/4 cup pancake syrup
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter or oil
3 cups oats, toasted
1/4 cup chocolate chips or candy coated chocolate
3 tablespoons peanut butter ( a bit heaping)
handful of sliced almonds
1/2 cup sweetened coconut

In a 350F oven toast the oatmeal on a cookie sheet until lightly golden.

While the oats are toasting, gather up your ingredients.  In a saucepan place sugar, syrup, oil/butter and peanut butter.  Place on medium heat and melt.  Whisk together until it bubbles.  In a large mixing bowl, place coconut and almonds.  When oats are done put in mixing bowl.  Pour heated peanut butter mixture into oat mixture and stir.  Spoon into a parchment lined 8 x 8 baking pan.  Using the back of a spatula push down ont he mixture, until flat and even.  When a little cool sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  Cut when somewhat cooled but before it is too hard. Let cool completely.

No comments: