Thursday, July 17, 2014

Just Like The Boxed Stuff Granola Bars


 

Ask me what recipes I have tried like over and over again and I would have to say brownies, chocolate cake and granola Bars.  I have shared a lot of granola bar recipes on my blog. Here is my go to one.  Now, I shall share a new go to one. Mind you I will still make my old go to but this is a very nice change up.  Albeit a lot more butter...

Just Like The Boxed Stuff Granola Bars
You can halve this recipe and use a 9 x 13. It will be a longer baking time and the bars will be chewy.

5 cup quick oats
1 cup crispy rice cereal
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla

Grease a 22 x 16. Beat butter with brown sugar and salt. Add in the vanilla and honey until combined.  Add the remainder of ingredients. Press into a full sheet baking pan with clean damp hands.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Score the bars when they first come out of the oven then let them cool completely and then cut into bars. 

No comments: